Dental Implants offer a natural looking, comfortable and permanent solution to replacing missing teeth. Implants are utilized to replace a single missing tooth, support a bridge or secure a denture.
The implant systems used at the office are NobelBiocare Implants (Sweden) and Friadent (Germany) by Dentsply, which are rated as the leaders in implant dentistry. At the first appointment the dental titanium implant is screwed into the bone and it fuses or “osseointegrates” with the jaw bone over time. This usually takes about 3-6 months.
Once the implant is completely integrated with the bone a ceramic crown is then placed into the implant.
Am I A Candidate for Dental Implants ?
Anyone and everyone with missing teeth is a candidate for dental implants. A person having a single missing tooth to having all his teeth missing can benefit from dental implants to replace their teeth.
- Predictable long term success (better than 97% for 15 years)
- No risk of cavities or Root Canal Treatment
- Implants stimulate bone and maintain its dimensions by preventing bone loss often associated with loss of a tooth
- As the adjacent teeth are left untouched, it is a more conservative approach to replace missing teeth
- It has a much better and longer success rate than a conventional bridge, cast partial denture or complete denture used to replace missing teeth